HC is down to AA this year according to the out-of-state divisions listing. South is AA too. Tennessee High is the only I see that's AAA.
http://www.vhsl.org/files/fb-outofst...sions-2009.pdf
All of this is my guess and is in no way official. Also, please correct me if I'm wrong. It's half way through the season I think we can take a look at this now. Below I'm listing the 5 teams I think can get in the D2 Playoffs (Honaker and Coeburn are not listed however could make it if they win their respective districts)
Gate City 111 pts
Lebanon 93 pts
Virginia High 87 pts
JJ Kelly 82 pts
Powell Valley 69 pts
Also, this could be off because of my understanding of the classification. I'm assuming the VHSL classifies Sullivan South and Harlan County as AA schools if either or both are AAA schools both GC and PV would have more points.
In the history of the VHSL I'm not sure one district has ever produced 3 playoff teams in one division when the region only allowed four per division. I would feel pretty confident about our chances if we beat Appy, Pound, and JJK. A 5-5 PV team will probably out point a 7-3 JJK team. It would be really interesting from a PV standpoint if they beat CW or GC and lost to JJK as to who would get in.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
HC is down to AA this year according to the out-of-state divisions listing. South is AA too. Tennessee High is the only I see that's AAA.
http://www.vhsl.org/files/fb-outofst...sions-2009.pdf
Can someone lay out some scenario's?
I need to edit VHS then if TH is AAA. How many students does Tennessee High have beamer? Biggin, we need Appy to win next week to keep from JJK from getting two more points it's hard to see much more than that right now. Of course if PV continues to win none of this matters.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Say we beat JJK, Pound and Appy, and Haysi beats Honaker, we get in?
But if Honaker wins the BDD, we would have to beat CW or GC, along with the other three to get in, does that sound right?
Generally, but it is hard to be specific this far out.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
One thing to also note is that JJK has had their bye week thus are about 16-20 pts off, assuming a win.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
1342 for THS
Out-of-State Divisions for Region D teams...
Clintwood
Happy Valley- Div. 3
Shelby Valley- Div. 3
Ervinton
Big Creek- Div. 1
Montcalm- Div. 2
Gate City
Bluefield- Div. 3
Sullivan South- Div. 4
Haysi
Sullivan North- Div. 3
Hurley
Buch- Div. 1
East Ridge- Div. 3
Montcalm- Div. 2
Phelps- Div. 1
Lee High
Middlesboro- Div. 2
Harlan County- Div. 4
Harlan- Div. 1
Pound
Jenkins- Div. 1
Morgan County- Div. 3
Powell Valley
Harlan County- Div. 4
Rye Cove
Sullian North- Div. 3
Twin Valley
Montcalm- Div. 2
Phelps- Div. 1
Williamson- Div. 1
Virginia High
Sullivan Central- Div. 4
Tennessee High- Div. 5
Beamer I'm sending you a pm regarding Lee High.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Bookmarks